Valedictory Session of Gandhian Conference with President of India
HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, President of Parmarth Niketan and Founder, Global Interfaith WASH Alliance Presented with the HSS Mahatma Gandhi Lifetime Peace and Service Award by hands of HE the President
DELHI- President Ram Nath Kovind today concluded a historic Summit of Gandhian, Tribal and Faith leaders at Rashtrapati Bhavan with an intimate Valedictory Session.
Over the weekend, the Summit had been meeting at Gandhi Ashram in Kingsway Camp, Delhi, to discuss, inspire and deliberate on pressing issues, with a foremost focus on the Swachh Bharat Mission, environmental protection and social upliftment.
Today, in the celebrated grounds of Rashtrapati Bhavan, President Kovind congratulated all assembled for their unity, under the collective leadership and vision of HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati, Founder/Chair, Global Interfaith WASH Alliance and Professor Sankar Kumar Sanyal, President of Harijan Sevak Sangh (an organization founded by Mahatma Gandhi prior to independence).
During the previous 2-day Summit, about which Pujya Swamiji shared with the Honourable President, all the HSS leaders and faith leaders agreed to work together to help inspire the meeting of our nation’s Swachh Bharat Mission goals, with an emphasis on the government’s drive for toilets for all and the conservation of our natural resources.
By the hands of HE the President HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji was presented with the Mahatma Gandhi Lifetime Peace and Service Award from the Harijan Sevak Sangh for his unparalleled work for interfaith harmony and service for all of humanity, with no discrimination, no expectation, no hesitation and no vacation.
As a symbol of compassion, oneness and unity, as emphasized by Mahatma Gandhi , a piece of the Bodhi Tree from Bodh Gaya was planted by HE the President with Pujya Swamiji and the other faith leaders and HSS leaders, to send an important message on environmental conservation and preservation.
The Honourable President emphasized in his speech how Pujya Swamiji is renowned for bringing saplings from Rishikesh as gifts, to bring the green message to the masses.
Said HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, “if we are to have a clean India, we must also have a green India. Today, we plant a sapling in the name of unity towards a future in which our air is sweet, our water flows like nectar and our children are assured of healthy futures.”
Professor Sankar Kumar Sanyal, President of Harijan Sevak Sangh shared with the Honourable President about the work of HSS and their hope to be a part of the planning for the 150th Celebration of Mahatma Gandhiji’s birth. He deeply appreciated the leadership Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji had provided to HSS for this historic event, and especially for infusing HSS with new energy and vision to host this event after 11 years.
Said Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswati, Secretary General, Global Interfaith WASH Alliance and President, Divine Shakti Foundation, “Today, we saw something unique and beautiful as this tree was planted with our esteemed President and hope for a Swachh Bharat filled the air. The wheels have been set in motion for an incredible journey of change.”
Attending the session were foremost leaders of India’s five faiths HSS and GIWA leaders, including:
- HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, Founder of Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA), President of Parmarth Niketan (Rishikesh)
- Professor Sankar Kumar Sanyal, President of Harijan Sevak Sangh
- Maulana Mahmood Madani, Secretary General, Jamia Ulama-i-Hind
- H.H. Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang, 37th throne holder of the Drikung Kagyu Lineage and 7th reincarnation of the Chetsang Rinpoche
- Naresh Yadav, Vice President of Harijan Sevak Sangh
- Archbishop Dr Anil Cuoto, Diocese of Delhi
- Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji, Secretary General, GIWA, President Divine Shakti Foundation
- Sardar Kuldeep Bhogal, Sikh Leader
- Rajyogi BK Brij Mohan, Addl Secretary General, Brahma Kumaris
- Bharat Mitra (Yoav Lev), Founder/President, Organic India
- BK Sapna Didi, Brahma Kumaris
- Swamini Adityananda Saraswati, Director Programmes, Partnerships, Policy and Development, GIWA
- Mufti Nasihur Rahman, Principal of Al Jamiatul Islamia Mangaldai Banat Madrasa, Assam
- Nandini Tripathi, Director of Programme Implementation, GIWA